Land and Plots for sale Malindi
We help you locate 40 by 80, 50 by 100, 100 by 100 plots, or equivalent anywhere in Malindi
Click on the button below to let us know what you are looking for. We will share a close match
Why Choose Us
There are many ways you could search for potential land to
buy. Here is why you should start with us.
What you need to know about buying land in Malindi
Malindi is a town in Kilifi County, located 120km from Mombasa. It is lies along the Indian Ocean coastline on the Malindi Bay. Malindi town is the largest of all other urban centers in Kilifi County.
Most of the land in Malindi has not exchanged hands before, hence, still use the title deeds that were awarded by the government years ago. As a result, you will find that most of the plots sold here are on freehold. However, those within the CBD and under the County government jurisdiction are on leasehold.
Like in any other part of the country, the prices of plots in Malindi depend on such factors as proximity to the CBD and other crucial infrastructure. The plots closer to the CBD, roads and other amenities attract buyers intending to use them for commercial purposes and may cost well over Ksh. 20 million. Plots for residential use cost higher than those seen as investments. For speculative purposes, a plot can cost under Ksh. 100, 000 while residential ones go for around Ksh. 350, 000.
Since land selling companies and agents came into play, buying a plot has now become more straightforward. These companies have penetrated almost all parts of the company, making it easier for one to identify their preferred regions.
1. Find a reputable land selling company and choose your ideal plot from their available ones
2. Book a site visit to confirm whether the plot meets your expectations. The map of the land will come in handy
3. If it is your preferred piece, conduct a land search to ascertain ownership and if there are debts attached to it
4. If the land in on leasehold, visit the county offices to establish if there are any accrued land rates
5. If all is fine, get a reliable advocate to help you with the sales agreement
6. With the consent of the Lands Control Board, you can now start the transfer process when both parties meet the agreed terms. Here, you pay the stamp duty of 4% of the property value
7. The title is now in your name!
Some of the companies that sell plots in Malindi include but are not limited to
2. Earthland pro
3. Ryden International
4. Username Investments
6. Mkaazi Real Estate
Malindi is a place with vast parcels of land, allowing for plots of different sizes depending on the proximity to the town and major infrastructure. These plots are mostly in pieces of 50 by 100, ¼ acre and ½ acre
Malindi being at the coast puts it at an advantage when it comes to the use into which you can put your plot. Some of the buyer-use options include the following
1. Building holiday homes
2. The serene environment makes it ideal for your retirement home
3. You can make residential developments in apartments or stand-alone houses
4. You can buy plots and wait for them to appreciate then sell
5. Build houses then sell them or use them for air Bnb
A land search helps you to learn about the plot that you intend to buy. These details include ownership, if it is used as collateral or barred from sale. To conduct a land search, visit the land registry offices with;
- copy of id
- title deed,
- KRA pin
- proof of payment
Fill the search form and wait for the certificate of official search to be availed.