Land and Plots for Sale Machakos Town
We help you locate 40 by 80, 50 by 100, 100 by 100 plots, or equivalent anywhere in Machakos town
Click on the button below to let us know what you are looking for. We will share a close match
Why Choose Us
There are many ways you could search for potential land to
buy. Here is why you should start with us.
What you need to know about buying land in Machakos Town
Machakos town is the largest urban center in Machakos County, located approximately 63km on the South Eastern side of Nairobi. It is popularly known as Masaku and is the capital of Machakos County.
You can buy plots here and use them for
1. Commercial purposes
Plots in the CBD and along major roads and highways are ideal for commercial development
2. Residential purposes
Being easily accessible from Nairobi, a number of people have bought plots in Machakos from where they commute to work. The rising population could also use houses to reside in.
3. Futuristic gain
With the kind of potential that Machakos holds, you can buy plots whose value is bound to rise and sell in the future.
1. The plots in Machakos are affordable compared to those in Nairobi. One can still commute to the city
2. If you are planning to build, building materials such as bricks and sand are readily available
3. Machakos has a lot of potential for growth
4. Machakos County has effective land policies that make land buying more straightforward. This includes title deed processing and resolution on land-related issues
5. Machakos has a serene environment for settlement
1. Visit the land registry offices in Machakos and fill three copies of the land search form
2. Attach a copy of identity card(passport or military id), KRA pin, and title deed
3. Submit the application and ensure you retain one stamped copy of the application form
4. The certificate of official land search should be ready for collection at the office of lands and physical planning in three days. To collect it, present the stamped application form
Companies that sell land countrywide as well as local ones avail plots in Machakos. These include;
1. Hyssop properties
3. Username Investments
4. Northstar real estate
5. Sharp real estate
6. Mackb International
7. Estate Hub Investment.
Depending on the location of the plot, you can find them in sizes of 40 by 80ft, 50 by 100 ft, 100 by 100, to even half an acre.
1. Identify a land selling company or agent and enquire on their available parcels. Ascertain the physical location of the plot that interests you
2. Establish the category in which the land belongs: is it freehold or leasehold?
3. Do a land search for the plot. At the land registry you will know its ownership history and at the county offices the land rate payments/ arrears
4. Get a map from the land surveyor’s office
5. If all is as expected, get a reliable lawyer to draft the sales agreement
6. The Lands control Board will give consent for transfer of the plot
7. When the buyer and seller meet all the agreed terms, the plot is transferred to the buyer with the help of a lawyer
8. The new owner pays stamp duty and can conduct another land search after a fortnight or so to confirm the registration of the plot to his/her name
Land in Machakos town is either
Where the owner has full rights to the parcel without any limited number of years. These plots are the most common and further away from the CBD. You can find them in areas such as Chumvi, Masii, Matuu, Katoloni, Kantafu and other regions.
These are on lease for a number of years like 50 or 99 after which you apply for extension. The county government levies rates on these pieces. They are mostly found within the CBD and its closest environs.